The Revision Diaries: Episode 3

Hello Funny People. It's been a while since I last updated this blog, so I figured it was high time I did. There's been many developments since my last post, and I have things to share.

 
First off, I sold a story. My tiny flash piece "The God's Apology," went live on Wyngraf Magazine's site on April 29th. My story had the privilege of being one of the last Cozy Flash Friday stories published before the debut of the magazine's inaugural issue, alongside an author by the name of Cora Buhlert. You can read both her story and mine on the site, for free, right now. And while you're at it, you can purchase the first issue of Wyngraf as well. 

I'm not sure if this marks the beginning of a wonderful relationship or it was just a matter of happy chance, but nevertheless, I'm proud to have placed a story with the magazine. Who knows? I might even sucker them into taking another one in the future.

Revisions on my novel A Sword Named Sylph have slowed up a bit. Whereas before, I didn't have my hardware and steady routine going, now, I have a lot of other plates to keep spinning. I'm up to my eyes in unwritten or half-written short stories. I made the concerted effort to submit at least 100 times this year, and I've already done so 30 times—with mixed results. But if you don't try, you can't succeed (unless your family's rich).

Finally, (and I'll sign off with this for now), the kind D.W. Hitz, of Fedowar Press, who published my novelette, "Slow Recovery," last April kindly did an interview with me last Tuesday, which you can watch on the Fedowar YouTube Channel. We discuss most of what I've talked of here, but in much briefer terms. So, if you'd care to see what my less than ideal countenance actually looks like, you can check that out below.



I think that covers about everything. Still grinding away at the writing life, trying to make.my dreams come true. In the meantime, Funny People, I hope you're looking after yourselves. Until my next update, as always, stay safe, stay healthy, and take care.


Comments

Popular Posts