Some Excellent Coming Attractions

Hello funny people. I have some good news for you.

Those of you who read this thing who also follow me on Twitter might've heard recently through the newsfeed that I had a recent story acceptance. 

My microstory, "When William Walker Faces The Firing Squad," will be appearing in the anthology 42 Stories in the near future. 

Technically speaking, this is my first official acceptance for a cold submission to an anthology or periodical, which is nice in and of itself, but there is another element behind this acceptance that I'd like to share.

At the moment, 42 Stories is about 400 of these 42-word microstories away from being published. Now, they originally wanted to have 1764 different authors included in this book, but given that they're still so many pieces short, they've now been making an exception. As of now, and until they fill their respective quotas, 42 Words is now accepting up to 4 stories from each submitter. If you're looking for a real writing challenge, then I highly recommend looking into their submission guidelines to see if there's a genre still accepting submissions to which you can turn your hand.

Now, the other big announcement is a little bit more personal.

My podcast 4 Cents a Podcast will be returning for its 2nd Season this Wednesday with its first episode. 

The plan this season--with a two-week exception for my first official vacation since the start of the pandemic--to do two episodes a week. Each Wednesday I'll feature an episode of the popular Reader's Corner segment, showcasing more writers whose work I enjoy (as well as a few old favorites). This will be followed each Saturday with the newly renamed Weekly Waffle, which will feature some of the audio nonsense and personal storytelling of last season's Saturday shows, with, hopefully a little more polish. 

So, those of you who enjoyed the show last year, despite it's shambolic rollout (I was basically learning as I went and making it up as I went along, which is always fun), I hope you'll enjoy it even more this year. Wherever you get you listen to your podcasts, that's where they'll appear. 

Like last year, Season 2 will basically go from the week going into Memorial Day weekend all the way through the week going into Labor Day. So, on those days when things are too hot outside, grab your headphones and a glass of lemonade and tune into the weirdest show in podcast audio, 4 Cents a Podcast.


Comments

Popular Posts